A Team Approach that Results in Improved Products, Jobs and Economic Development
TCC advances the use of innovative manufacturing processes, lightweight and advanced materials and composites for the Department of Defense sea, land and air applications as the technology transition venue for the Composite Manufacturing Technology Center research efforts.
- Advance the use of innovative manufacturing processes, lightweight and advanced materials, and composites – for DoD sea, land and air applications.
- Bring together industry, academia and government to promote the use of advanced materials and novel manufacturing practices and to discuss the future R&D needs.
- Provide a mechanism for the development of enabling manufacturing technology and the transition of proven technology from the R&D lab to the factory floor.
- Promote discussion of opportunities and potential obstacles from the designers’ perspective regarding the use of advanced manufacturing processes and materials to reduce weight and improve performance.
- Facilitate industry, academia and government collaboration to reduce weapon system costs.
- Enhance the industrial capability and competitiveness of domestic manufacturing.